Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Think Pink: Creative Charms CHA sneak peek

I'm so excited to be able to give you a glimpse of this great collection of Creative Charms products! This pink kit is going to be a special deal available next October, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

When I found out I would get to work with this kit, I immediately knew that I would create something with it as a gift to my friend Chris Hertel, who has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer over the past year. Many of you know her work from her blog, as well as from Creative Charms because she is also a contributor there! She has such an amazing, positive attitude, so when I saw this quote, I knew it was perfect for my project:





I used pink gradient gems to dress up my die-cut letters. I love that the gradient gem packs include an assortment of sizes and colors - I used three of the clear gems to accent the scalloped border at the bottom. The kit also includes the pink gem brads that I used as the centers of my floral elements.

I love how the leaves turned out. I used Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf set, and stamped in PTI's Fresh Snow ink on green cardstock, then hand-cut them out. I intentionally adhered them at just a couple of places to hold them in place, but leave them "loose". The layered floral elements are cut on my Pazzles, and I use a PTI background stamp on the "middle" layer.

Naturally, I also made a card to go with the gift:


That beautiful pink flower is part of the kit, as is the cute little pink butterfly brad. The background stamp is from PTI's Round & Round anniversary set, again stamped with Fresh Snow ink. The sentiment is from Through the Trees.


And of course, there are the gradient gems again! They really make it so easy to dress up a sweet little card.

I hope you enjoy and are inspired! And remember, as Chris would say... feel your boobies! ;)

8 comments:

Jingle said...

These are both gorgeous! I love Chris! She is such a wonderful woman!

Mariana said...

What a great project, and thanks for the reminder!!

Unknown said...

You should see that plaque in person. OMGOSH it's gorgeous! And Debbie HANDCUT the leaves! I love it so much! Thanks for thinking of me! xoxo
Chris

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful projects, Debbie!! I keep resisting Turning a New Leaf, but you may have pushed me over the edge!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Pretty projects Debbie!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is such a beautiful set Debbie! I love that pink flower on the card!

Sabrina said...

Chris is such a sweet woman and this is such a perfect quote for her. Great projects!

Jen Carter said...

Loving all that pink!! Great job!