Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sending Birthday Wishes - CR84FN #61

Another color challenge card for me today! A male family member has an upcoming birthday and I thought the color combo in the current CR84FN color challenge would work well for a masculine card. (See the image at the bottom of post.) This is one where I used bits and pieces from lots of different sets! For the colors, I used PTI Hawaiian Shores for the aqua, Kraft for the tan, and Vintage Cream for the cream.

I used MFT's First Class Friend stamps and dies, along with PTI's Postmarks set for some of the postal elements. The word "Wishes" is from Verve's Merry Wishes.


The postage panel is popped up on the Kraft, which has been impressed with PTI's Picnic Plaid impression plate.


Like that littls stamp? It's the MFT die-cut, and then I added a border using PTI's Label Basics, by putting a mask diagonally across from corner to corner, and stamping a corner of the label stamp along 2 sides, then moving the mask to the other half and carefully stamping again in the opposite corner. OK, so it took me about 3 tries to get it right, but I really like how it turned out! LOL! I added the little circle from Tiny Tags, and then built the "47¢" using numbers from Postmarks, and the lower-case "c" and upper-case "I" from Simple Alphabet... I didn't have a ¢ stamp! LOL! There is a significance to the postage amount, but I'll let you figure that out! ;) Hehe!


I finished off the front panel with some bakers twine, and added a stamp-style border at the bottom with a Border Punch. Everything is mounted on a cream card base. The card base ended up being about 5"x6" - I used a standard 4.25"x5.5" panel for the Kraft layer, and just "built out" from there, and that's what it ended up being. 

Here is the original challenge inspiration photo:


Be sure to check out the other great entries at CR84FN, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the postage themed card! The stamp die cut looks awesome and that embossed background adds such nice texture! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Great texture, and I love that stamp shaped postcard!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Deborah Frings said...

This is a super card for a guy - love the mail style card! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Shannon White said...

Great Birthday card! Love te postage theme and he fun die cuts and texture! Definitely a Great Masculine card! Love it! 8-) So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)