Monday, May 20, 2013

Make it Monday - Paper Piecing

I'm sharing a card today to play along with this week's Make It Monday - Paper Piecing. I always like the look of paper piecing, but don't utilize the technique very much. since I needed a card for my nephew's upcoming birthday, I thought that Enjoy the Ride would be a fun set to use for this technique.



I pieced the car together using papers from Doodlebug's "Boys Only" 6"x6" paper pad. The car is popped up on my square card base, which I layered with Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Summer Sunrise and Limeaid Ice pattern paper, and a striped paper also from the Doodlebug line. I used a Fabulous Frames die to cut the frame from a piece of the Doodlebug paper - I thought the number pattern was appropriate for birthday theme.


Here's a close-up of the license plate, customized with Simple Alphabet. I just love doing this with Enjoy the Ride! :)



I'm really pleased with how this card turned out - I think it's bright, happy and fun, yet still masculine enough for a boy. I hope my nephew likes it too! I'm so glad that Melissa shared the paper piecing challenge this week - thanks, Melissa!

And thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card for a boy. Really fun papers and colors. Nice job.

Cathy said...

Great card, love the mix of colours and patterns :) Cathy x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caryn said...

What a great image to paper piece - amazing choice of papers too! I LOVE this MIM - it's the first one I've joined in on for MONTHS!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Leigh said...

This is fabulous, Debbie! I love that little paper pieced VW bug and how perfectly it fits in the Fabulous Frame diecut!

Carol Doggett said...

How fun! Love the colors! Excellent card!

Jingle said...

This is SO cute! I love the fun patterns and colors!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love everything about your card - the design & papers come together to create one fun, fun birthday card!

artful-notions said...

Cute as a bug in a rug... No wait, it is a bug! Love each and every paper you used. And the frame too!

Linda said...

Such a cute card. Love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PStanley said...

Very cute! Love the colours. A cheerful card

Susan said...

This is adorable!!